Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cheesecake and Children

Seems that we are doing a lot of baking lately. One of things I use to do when I was stressed. No wonder I gain weight! But I have started doing it again. Now with the help of two little boys. Tater wanted to bake Dad something. I had all the ingredients for a cheesecake. It started out with both of them helping.

Here they are crushing the graham crackers for me:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

= = = = = =

Tater wanted to help with the eggs. How could I refuse? I didn't have many eggshell parts to pick out - really!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

= = = = = =

And then there is the hand mixer. Ahhhhhh. How much of a mess did I want to clean up? Why not let him learn now? The hard part was convincing him to keep it down on the bottom of the bowl. He did quite well.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

= = = = = =

Did I mention he wanted it red? Oh yes, we added red food coloring to it. Seems like it must have been pretty good. Dad ate 2 pieces.

4 comments:

Ogre said...

Now I've heard of many flavors of cheesecake -- raspberry, chocolate, strawberry, key lime, etc. -- but never children-flavored.

Ogre likey.

oddybobo said...

Red cheesecake? Just means he put a lot of love into it!

Harvey said...

VW - Truth be told, some of my favorite childhood memories are of helping my mom bake stuff. I envy your boys :-)

Sticks said...

I have lots of kid cookbooks I should send your way. Improviser always loved to cook.

Oh, now the memory is flowing. I have blog fodder. Thanks.