Thursday, April 19, 2007

Road Trip

We are going on a road trip for the weekend. While I will come back with some good blog fodder, I will not be taking my laptop with me. Those who have access to my blog are welcome to drop in a line or two... otherwise, you will have me back on the same bat spider time, same bat spider channel on Monday (or Tuesday).

Enjoy the break! I know I plan on it.

And just to drive you nuts because you can't get it out of your head once you start singing it:

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spiderman.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Spiderman.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spider man.

1 comment:

physics geek said...

Frightenting fact: I haven't had to look at those lyrics in over 30 years as I memorized them while watching the cartoon many moons ago.

One thing that bothered me about the old series was the patent impossibility of some Spidey actions. He once had to travel to a remote island. How did he get there? He swung on the handy-dandy spidey webs that he shot up into an, apparently, grasping sky. Never did quite get that one, but I had a lot of fun watching the series anyway.

Did you notice in Spiderman 2 that an Asian chick on the side of the road was singing the old theme song? I was greatly amused.