Monday, July 31, 2006

Spicy Chicken and Noodles

It is time for Sticks to 'stick her neck out' and do a Carnival of Recipes. Hence, I am adding a recipe just for her. Yo Sticks, notice it includes Ramen Noodles...

This was actually a Spicy Shrimp and Noodles recipe from Campbell's Fabulous One-Dish recipes that I changed to Chicken.

Ingredients:

2 cups water
2 tblsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder (I use 1 tsp minced garlic)
2 packages (3 ounces each) Ramen chicken flavor noodle soup
2 or 3 chicken breasts, cut to bite size pieces and cooked
1 cup green oinions cut into small pieces

Directions:

1. Cut and cook chicken if you haven't already.
2. In 10-inch skillet over high heat, combine water, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, garlic and one seasoning packet. Heat to boiling.
3. Add noodles, chicken and green onion pieces. Return to boiling. Reduce head to low. Cook 5 minutes. Stirring occassionally to separate noodles.
4. Serve.

Fairly quick and easy.

4 comments:

That 1 Guy said...

So easy, I could do it. If I chose to do it, that is...

Sticks said...

Since I now know Chowhound loves Ramen noodles so much guess what his homecooked meal is from now on. If you are what you eat, does this mean I'm raising my boys to be cheap and easy?

tink said...

Sticks, I would then guess that the Princess is even cheaper and easier. She won't eat Ramon cooked. Just crunch them in a bowl add the flavoring pack, toss and you have a snack.

vw bug said...

T1G... you really have garlic and ginger in your house??? wow.

Sticks... and this is different than mom how? (just joking)

Tink... that just sounds gross. How did you find this one out?