Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Pictures of the day after Hurricane Jeanne

Talk about a teaser! They turned my power on for 45 minutes and then turned it OFF. And proceeded to leave it off for another 3 hours. Which means that by the time I got everything done for the evening… I wasn’t going to write one single word. I went to bed and tried to get some sleep in a house that was 78 degrees. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

I have some pictures for you.

This is the fence to the east side of our house. The ficus trees had some limbs down from Frances, but it is worse this time.


Standing at ficus trees and looking North. Notice not only is our huge pine tree down and cut up by the county, but in the background there is a kid in a canoe rowing by.



Here is just a shot down the east side road.



Ok, Husband is standing in the road in front of our house and taking a picture of his legs to give a perspective. Scary isn’t it?


While standing in the same place he looked east and took this picture:


Then he turned west and took this picture.


Standing at the house, this is our front yard.


Ok, I have got laundry to do and vacuuming and dishes. So, I will write about the other stories later. Thought you would enjoy the pictures more!

5 comments:

Bou said...

Holy crap! We didn't get any of that! We did with Frances, but not Jeanne. Since I'm on paved roads we have storm drains. Saturday at 4:00, just as it was picking up, I went around and cleaned out 5 storm draings, just in case. I'm glad I did.

Did you see the pix of Country Club Drive in NPB? It looks just like your pix.

Tammi said...

Oh My Goodness. I'm just....oh my goodness.

Hoping it all goes down quickly. Damn.

I'm going to try and get out and about today, but am pretty sure I won't see anything like that in my travels. Well, until I head south or further east.

Be safe - Stay sane.

Harvey said...

Next time we get some sunshine up here, I'll send it down there & see if we can get you dried up.

Meanwhile, I'm echoing Tammi.

Damn.

vw bug said...

Hey Nice to hear from everyone. Found some more trees down and lots of houses missing shingles, even 'blue roofs' in our neighborhood. What a mess. Just happy I have power, phone and cable. GRIN.

Jovianne said...

Happy that you and yours are okay, in spite of the new fishing pond in your yard.
Hope it drains away very soon.

Jovi