Monday, October 16, 2006

Wake-up Call

Was talking to Tink on the phone today about my Marine nephew and family in Hawaii. For those out of the loop, Hawaii had an earthquake of about 6 on the Rickter scale. My nephew is one of those without power. He called his mom, Tink, and asked that she call him with a wakeup call this morning since he didn't have power. Uhhhhhh... I didn't get it. Guess having to be prepared for hurricanes means I don't think about alarm clocks. I have battery powered ones... they don't plug in to the wall... just for that reason. Then I asked what was going to happen when his cell phone ran out of power.

Which was the whole point of this post. I mentioned Solar Powered charger for cell phones. Could I remember where I saw it? Nope, not while on the phone. For Tink, here is THE SITE.
Imagine, not having to carry additional batteries for all of your digital devices. One Solar Charger enables you to charge your Cell Phone, PDA, MP3, CD Player, Gaming Device and Digital Camera.

4 comments:

Richmond said...

Sounds great! Just so long as I don't have to have it implanted in my head or anything... ;)

Tink said...

Thanks Kiddo. Oh and happy 43rd (do I get to wish you a 44th in two more months?)

vw bug said...

Tink: what are you talking about???

vw bug said...

Ok, thanks for telling me about your comment on Michele's.