Sunday, October 08, 2006

Spiderman... well sorta

Tomorrow is Tot's birthday... We had a party yesterday for him. That was the big reason for pulling out the mixer and making a cake. Since I will be putting out pictures of Tot tomorrow, I am putting out pictures of the cake today.

It was hilarious. I really should not decorate a cake at 11pm. I'm a morning person... not a night person. And a warning to those who don't decorate cakes often... they lie about the black coloring. It makes it gray, not black. Buy at least 3 or 4 tubes of that stuff to get something close to black. I had one tube and used blue and red to try and 'darken' it up. Ahhhhh... Here is the finished product:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

= = = =

From another angle:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

= = = = =

And along with the cupcakes... here it is getting ready to be lit:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

= = = = =

At least it was edible... though funny looking. ;-) Maybe by the time Tot gets to be 7 or 8 or 18... I might be able to decorate. hahahaha.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Very cute!! Better than I could do, I'm sure. Happy birthday, Tot!

Bou said...

I thought it turned out GREAT!

bobby said...

Looks good VW ! The Bandit brothers are getting old! Where has the time gone? Did you save me some?

Sissy said...

Impressive

Richmond said...

Niiiiiiice. I have always wanted to take a bite out of Spiderman... ;-)