Saturday, August 28, 2004

Nephew in Iraq

Wow. It seems to be the year for things to happen in my family. Both good and bad. I have two nephews in the military; one in the Marines and one in the Navy. Being a military brat, I understand what it means to be a part of the military and how important it is to our country. It is still hard to think that my nephew, who has a wife and an infant, is now in Iraq. He has been in the Marines for 5 years, so has heaps of training behind him to help him out. He is also very intelligent. He is my nephew.

I can’t express how my stomach feels or how sad, yet happy I am. I know he will be great, but I fear for his life. He seems so young all of the sudden. I love you Nephew. You are in my prayers and my heart. God’s speed to bring you back home.

Side Note:
An email from my sister (my nephew's mother) and his wife, gave me this Marine Corp News article on his unit going to Iraq:

31st MEU departs for Middle East


2 comments:

Harvey said...

Next time you contact your nephew, tell him I said "thank you" for his service.

vw bug said...

Thank you both. I just got a snail mail address for him and will be printing out all my entries and sending them to him. I appreciate that I can add these comments to this blog entry. Thanks again.