Saturday, August 28, 2004

The Highchair

It’s mine! If #1 Son could say those words, that is what would be coming out of his mouth every time I put #2 Son in the highchair. But since he learned to say NO a couple of weeks ago, that is what he says. No No No No and he grabs the highchair or tries to climb in it as I try to put #2 Son in it. When they both need to eat at the same time I feel absolutely ridiculous having to put my 10 month old in the booster chair to eat. I also find that my feet hurt after having to stand by the booster chair for the ½ hour to feed #2 Son. Luckily #1 Son will feed himself while this is happening. Now if I could just convince #1 Son that the booster chair is for the Big Boy in the house. Sigh.

Fortunately their eating schedule is slightly off from one another. Therefore I only need the highchair for one at a time. I just have to keep winning the battle of keeping #1 Son out of and off of the highchair when putting #2 Son in the chair. And that is a battle! Thoughts of how to keep him away make me realize how creative a mother has to be. You have to do things that are ‘legal’ and ‘safe’, so it requires a certain amount of creativity. Big Grin! Ahh the life of having two boys so close together.

1 comment:

Bou said...

I don't think that Son#3 ever sat in the highchair. I think we moved him immediately to the booster. If not, it was darn close. I hated how messy high chairs are.