Monday, August 23, 2004

From Karma to Cuteness

Ever have a bad feeling about something and wonder when the karma is going to come around? I called a friend, who is a mother of 2 young kids, at 9am the other day. She was still asleep. I thought immediately – bad karma. You should NEVER EVER wake a mother up who has a chance to get some sleep. Even if the mother’s kids are adults – do not wake a woman who has children of ANY age.

Sure enough, last night was a rough night. #2 Son woke up at 1am and pretty much kept waking up off and on every hour. #1 Son woke up at 4am, and my Sweetheart went in to get him back to sleep. I noticed my Sweetheart did not make it back to the bedroom, but figured he fell asleep on the floor in #1 Son’s room. Hmmm. At 6am when I decided to finally give up and go into the living room, my Sweetheart and #1 Son were watching TV together. Oops.

Did I mention that above friend gave #1 Son a drum set? And that I moved this drum set into the living room because #2 Son kept going into #1 Son’s room and trying to play with it? Well, at 6:30am, we had a concert. Talk about cuteness! #2 Son is playing the drums and ‘dancing’ while #1 Son decided to help out and he danced as well. Seeing those two bounce up and down to dance made me understand why God made my kids so cute to me. Otherwise, with the lack of sleep and the early morning with drums going and the tv going and trying to get everyone fed / dressed / etcetera, Mom would walk out and never be back. But seeing those two dancing and smiling just made me smile too.

1 comment:

That 1 Guy said...

Great story! Can't wait 'til I grow up and get big and have kids!! :)

Welcome to the blogosphere! I guess I would be like a blog uncle or something... Boudicca is my blogsis!