Thursday, August 09, 2007

Old Dogs, New Tricks

Note... I will need to wear body armor the next time I see Mammaw.

Background: my mom's computer has not been working. My BIL suggested she get a new non-wireless mouse for her computer. Either ddpups or tink or he would install it this coming weekend. Someone has always set up her computer for her.

What happened: I received a call yesterday from Mammaw. I swear she sounded like a little kid...

Mammaw: "Guess What I did! I followed the wires and plugged in the new mouse and it works!!!"

Then she proceeds to hang up. Guess she had the rest of the family to tell about it. Particularly since Tink called me within 5 minutes to ask if Mom called to say she plugged in the mouse and her computer works.

I guess old dogs can learn new tricks. GRIN... yaa... I'm gonna pay for this one.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I HATE wireless accessories like mice and keyboards. they cause nothing but trouble - really. One of my bosses decided we had to use wireless crap down at the office, then he THREW OUT the wired ones!!! ARG!!! So when we (naturally) had issues with the wireless and I had to make the hour trip in to fix it - I could only find 1 single very old serial port mouse. *sigh* Luckily that one worked. But I wanted to strangle him with the mouse cord.

pam said...

LOL...! That's sorta cute. Good for her, not relying on anyone to do it for her... :D