Thursday, May 31, 2007

Win A Free Book!

Did I catch your attention? Good. It's really easy to do. Here is what the author has to say:

Pass it around to any of your friends - free books for them too if they stick up a blurb for me on their blogs.


Have you noticed I have an 'ad' up on my blog? About half way down the left side. It's the kind of book I like, but can't justify buying. I go to the library and borrow from friends. Ahhhh. But I don't have to buy it now. It's on the way to my house via snail mail. Yipeee!!!!!

You can also have this book free of charge. Just send me an email and I'll send you the info... happydogspeaks at gmail dot com ... got it? Or put a comment out here and make sure your email is available.

And to help you decide if you would like a copy... here is the 'plug' from Amazon on it:

Book Description

"Out of time" is a story about three young men dragged by a freak accident from the early nineteenth century into the high tech world of the twenty-third. They are transported through time from the gundeck of the 74 gun ship of the line HMS Spartan and into the hangar decks of the huge new starship NECS Vanguard.

They must now come to terms not only with the change of time, but with the gap in their understanding of the universe, science and technology - and do this in the midst of a power struggle between those who seek to take over the governments of the free world and those in the political process who through their own corruption and self interest seek to allow this - and those who must prevent it. The Fleet of starships and its dedicated crews must fight to save the freedom of their peoples - and of the aliens enslaved in the service of the plotters.

The three are both a target for corrupt bureaucrats and scientists and a key factor in the frustration of these plans. Harry Heron, Ferghal O'Connor and Danny Gunn are taken out of their time and plunged head first into another where they find they have as much to contribute as they have to learn.


Not difficult to do and you get a prize. I like that kind of work. Psst. You can also put a comment at most any recent post over at the Gray Monk's blog and he'll send you the info straight from the source. Tell 'em the bug sent ya!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Hmmm! OK, I'm curious... the catch is?!

vw bug said...

Honest. No catch. Other than you have to put it up on your blog with a link to Amazon or another site that sells the book. That's it. I'll email you.

Matthew M. F. Miller said...

Free books?!?! Sounds like the definition of heaven to me!