Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Bad Mommy Moment

As a mother, you must remember that a four year old and a three year old do not understand when you are being facetious. Like when they are jumping on the bed and you tell them "You may not jump on the bed, but you may jump off of it". Uhhhh... yaa...

I round the corner to holler at them again because I can tell some kind of jumping is going on in Tot's room... and I see Tater do a flying spread eagle leap off Tot's bed, onto the floor with his head making direct contact on the side of the dresser. A bloody mess. Really. Blood on my shirt, down the side of his face. Sigh. I take him into the bathroom, clean it up. Find a flashlight, check his eyes, and his head. Luckily it is just a surface wound. As this is going on, Daddy is walking in from work. What a day.

Nothing is ever simple at the Bug's house.

11 comments:

Dazd said...

You realize if he wears a cape, injuries do not occur, right?

Just kidding...

The Gray Monk said...

Sorry to hear about the little guy's head wound, hopefully he'll be OK and remember the lesson learned. Very good news that you got some rain - without lighning must be a real treat in your neck of the woods - and I'll hope and pray you get a bit more.

sticks said...

Tell him next time to wear a helmet and a cape.

Matthew M. F. Miller said...

Concussions are what we boys do best - I'm glad it was only a flesh wound.

caltechgirl said...

Oh no. I'm sure he's running around same as ever though, huh?

Marie said...

Ouch!

I wish my husband would realize that the little ones take you literally. He seems to forget, despite the daily reminders!!

Bou said...

I'm telling you... all the 'don't do you that!' really don't work. But... experience does!!! :)

BTW, I'm tagging you with something. If you want to do it, cool. If not... you know I'm cool. It should keep your mind occupied...

Mrs. Who said...

Oh, poor Tater. I did a similar thing as a child, except the dresser was tougher than my head and I had to get stitches.

Peter said...

Heh. My Mother's Day post was about my late Mama and my chin vs the rungs on the tall ladder.
"Don't you bleed on my clean floor!"
These boys will have far more cuts and bruises ahead. Work on having lines they'll remember when you're gone. Stories those boys tell will be the only way their grandchildren will remember you... So give them good materiel.

Sissy said...

'Til this day, I still have a dent (about a 1/4 of an inch) on my forehead where I did something similar, at his age.

Quality Weenie said...

Twin beds, one on either side of the room

Cousins house

jumping from bed to bed

yelled at several times including not bleeding on the floor

I missed the other bed when jumping, broke my colar bone

Never jumped on beds again, ever ...