Monday, December 06, 2004

Cold

1. Marked by deficient heat
2. Lacking emotion
3. Designating a tone or color
4. What children catch to keep their parents from getting any sleep.

Yep, Saturday night #2 Son got a runny nose. He couldn’t sleep and was up from about 11:30pm on. I mean I was up from 11:30pm Saturday until 8:30pm Sunday. My Husband actually let me lay down to take a nap Sunday afternoon but couldn’t keep #1 Son quiet. Such is life.

Since I mentioned #1 Son, I should also mention my sons like to do what the other one does. I now include colds in this category. #1 Son came down with the cold last night. Runny nose. No fever. No funny colors in the mucus. Just can’t breath. Just like #2 Son. Sigh.

The only thing I do know for sure: Mom’s aren’t allowed to get sick.

More later.

6 comments:

Harvey said...

[leaves thermos of chicken soup]

Jody said...

Oh, wow, I thought the comment page was never gonna load!

I am not looking forward to Brenna's first cold. She had some sneezing & coughs last night and that bothered me!

Good luck & I hope the little ones feel better soon! And that mommy gets some sleep!

Feisty said...

Are they old enough for Benadryl, yet? That stuff works wonders in my house.

Hope everyone gets better soon and you get some much needed rest.

Take care.

vw bug said...

Harvey: Ahhhhhhhhhh... Thanks.

Jody: When they were 'little', the car seat was the greatest invention for keeping little ones 'upright' so they could breath and sleep. Helped us out a lot back then.

Christina: Great idea. I am using Triaminic for the older boy, but it is not working for the younger one. I just pulled out the benedryl to give it a try.

vw bug said...

To All: I am beginning to greatly dislike blogger. I have had more trouble in the last week getting out entries and putting out comments. ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

But right now, I am busy and don't have time to hunt for another place to go. Next year, literally, I will go on the hunt. Until then... please keep reading and commenting here. It does have more good moments than bad right now. Really! Grin.

Jody said...

We use the nifty pop up comment page now. We haven't had a problem with it yet... Doesn't help with blogger problems but I really like it for comments.